Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Rem 700s ADL in 6.5x55 Swede both have NewYork barrel stamps
and date code WN ! Serial number RR18930M RR17505M
Question are these Marlin put together parts guns?

·
Super Moderator
497 Posts
Seems to be August 2020. I know of no reason that parts would have been shipped to Huntsville fo assembly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Remington & Marlin were separate Companies while owned by bankrupt (prior) parent company. Remington 700 have always been manufacture/assembled in Illion, New York. While 870 Express models are being shipped rumor 700's will be next but it will be a while. Your 700's are very desirable caliber, 6.5x55 Swede, great range and hunting caliber. Most would be lucky to have just one and you have 2, congrats. Your "RR" serial # prefix is late production but caliber was is much earlier production.

The 6.5x55 Swede was special run caliber, surprised its an ADL model, its a shame a few of Remington historical web sites have been shut down so unable to identify the year of special run for 6.5.

Was able to find the first run of 6.5x55 was 1994 in the 700 Classic model not the ADL, the classics had floor plate, most special runs were "Classic" models, Remington produced 25 special run calibers.

·
Super Moderator
497 Posts
The late model ADL’s were typically contract runs for retailers like Dick’s, Academy, Cabela’s, etc. They typicically had plastic stocks. They did not show on the website since at least 2009, when I purchased my 223 from Dicks.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
I am still a fan of older ADLs, BDLs and CDLs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I always wanted a 700 ADL or BDL first year of production of left handed rifle's!
I believe it was 1973.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts