Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for any reports on Leapers tatical scopes....

WOTAC backordered........

·
Registered
403 Posts
Really all depends on what you looking to do and invest in your rig. I have seen reports that Leapers is cheap and not worth the investment. If your looking to purchase a "just get by" glass for a rifle save up your money and make a better choice so you dont go through a massive face palm and say " Damn....I could have gotten something better!" There are plenty of other tactical scopes out there that are great deals for the money. Again it goes back to what your needs are....fixed power or variable power and how much you have to invest to get good glass?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for reports from first hand users who has used the Leapers scope or even Leatherwoods.

Millet and WOTAC seem comparable in pricing and value I'm guessing, but for some one who uses Leup's or Nightforce would consider the later cheap and inexpensive scopes.

hand in hand.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Try checking out the Hawke scopes it's what I use and they work like they should. I think I posted a box test somewhere here with my Hawke scope.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a leapers 4-16x40 with target turrets and mill dot reticle, on my Rem 700 SPS AAC_SD, with a twenty mill base I have no problem making shots out to 1000 yards.
The mill dot reticle is a little different then most mill reticle s there are nine mill dots on each side of center, it really helps with offset aiming instead of adjusting the turrets.
It is a good scope I am going to buy another one soon. I paid $64.00 on sale at optics planet. The Leapers (UTG) scope is comparable to a Bushnell Legend series scope. UTG (Leapers) is upsetting the price points for a number of products.

Their UTG Pro line products are american made, 922r compliant.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Just because they're inexpensive doesn't mean they're junk. Fixed power will be more durable than variable but that too will depend on usage. If you're constantly cranking on the turrets the erector assy spring won't necessarily keep up with the wear and tear like it will on some up scale scopes. If you're a set it and forget it person, using the mid-dot reticle for holdover or offset, then a good one will work for a long time.

One of the best scopes I have in my safe in the "affordable" range is from the same source as Leapers.

Their optics are adequate for short/medium ranges but if you want to look "way out there" they're prone to coming up a little short in the clarity department.

·
Registered
496 Posts
vincmm,
a shooting buddy of mine has had the leapers for about a yr now.
he shoots a rem 700-in .260 , he put it on this gun to try and have a scope to shoot in the 600yd matches with me. at first it did ok, then it went ALL OVER THE PAPER, after looking the ENTIRE ADJUSTMENT SECTION of the scope fell off in his hands. the windage AND elevation fell off. it is glued in the tube. BE WARNED ....IT IS A PIECE OF SH..T!!!!! DO NOT BUY! there may be a good one for the money but this aint it. calvin is a seasoned shooter that takes very good care of his equipment but bought it "on sale" as a good buy---NOT THE CASE. BEWARE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts