Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought the 3 piece lee .308 die set. I had tried to reset the die which puts bullet into the cartridge b/s my precision mic showed it needed to be adjusted a little. Ever since then everything gets stuck in it. Any advise or recommendation for another die? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
There are two adjustments on that die. When you turn the dies body your lowering the crimp line, the top skinny metal rod is the one that adjusts the seating depth. I suggest you back out the die and re prep it. Take it apart, clean it, put it back together. Then take a blank shell case place it into position, pull your handle the entire way for a full action and then insert the die. Turn the body of the die untill you feel it touch the case mouth. Then bring your lever to it's resting state (up or down). Then take a bullet (and try to seat it.) the bullet should not sit in too deep untill you adjust the the depth you need. (once again using the skinny rod on top of the die) I hope this makes sense to you. Unfortunately I'm not a pro at reloading. I just started and ran into a similar problem. Good luck and ask away!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, that's good advice. I use that same die and I would just start the setup process over as well following the directions Lee provides. It might be there is some gunk in it too... so clean it out with alcohol while you have it out of the press.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts