Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Witch magnification power setting do I need to be on for correctly estimating range? I read online that it is at 10x, and you can double it for 20x (or half?). I called Leupold and the guy said "Great question, hold on." Put me on hold for a second and came back and said its set for 20x and 10x you can double/half (whichever it is). I'm still a noob to this scope so I just want to make sure I'm learning my scope correctly. The guy didnt sound too sure so I'm just double checking. Any owners of this scope out there? Can you please help!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well every scope has the magnification sub tension set at a different setting depending at what the maker set it to. One way to really figure it out is by setting a mildot grid up at 100 yards. The mildot marks are supposed to be 3.6" apart and in a mildot pattern on paper.

So this has to be drawn on paper and set at exactly 100 yards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
makes perfect sense. thanks. I think that's the only way for me to have peace of mind knowing what it is. would there be, or could there be differences in the same scope line?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
yes it is possible that it might be off by 1x or 2x. What some do is mark the exact point with a marker or scratch a mark so they know what magnification is the true to the mildot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts