Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First of all sorry for my grammar but I live in Poland. Im thinking about buying Remington 700. I need something accurate for small predators like foxes and roe so I choose 223rem. I thinking that varming is to heavy for forest huntings. I was thinking about 700 XCR with 9" drall. That let me use much heavier bullets up to 70grs. But I've found some people who was saying that xcr isnt worth his price. So maybe SPS? I read that barels in SPS isnt selected in factory.

What is best option for me?

Best regards

Tom

BTW. Price of XCR is 2000$ and SPS 1000$ in Poland !!!!!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mmm, why not get a CZ rifle?? Made close to you and should be cheaper. Or maybe a Sako or Tikka?? That may be cheaper for you and just as good. But if ya want a remmy, the SPS Tactical in 223 with a nice hunting stock will serve you quite well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a Sako A7 in 243 that I use as a varmint rifle. Very well made and extremely light and easy to
carry and hits very hard. I think it comes in 223 as well but I'm not sure. Tikka is basically the same rifle with a Tikka stamp and
a polymer magazine. Personally I wouldn't turn around for the difference between the two. Bought the Sako on sale or it would have been
the TIkka for me. The SPS in 223 is a great rifle but the 1-12 twist limits your bullet selection towards the lighter side. The SPS
Tactical is crazy accurate but weighs little more than the others. I shoot 77 grain SMK's out of it and they work great despite what
you might read on the internet. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

I just noticed your grammar comment. I live in Oklahoma and your grammer is better than probably 90% of the people I deal with every day.
LOL.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 700 LTR (light tactical rifle) in .308, but they also make it in .223. I chose it for hunting in the brush country in Texas because of the short 20 inch flutted barrel and the slimmed down H-S precision stock. It is an extremely accurate rifle that allows quick handling, but also excels at those long shots.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Roxroth said:
Hello all. First of all sorry for my grammar but I live in Poland. Im thinking about buying Remington 700. I need something accurate for small predators like foxes and roe so I choose 223rem. I thinking that varming is to heavy for forest huntings. I was thinking about 700 XCR with 9" drall. That let me use much heavier bullets up to 70grs. But I've found some people who was saying that xcr isnt worth his price. So maybe SPS? I read that barels in SPS isnt selected in factory.

What is best option for me?

Best regards

Tom

BTW. Price of XCR is 2000$ and SPS 1000$ in Poland !!!!!!!

I know this is a late post, but I own a CZ 527 Varmint in Ruger .204. It would be great on fox. Does Remington make a .204? I really like this caliber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts