Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have decided to start loading .45 ACP for my Glock 21 and purchased the RCBS 3 carbide die set from Graf and sons and should be here by weeks end. Yesterday I also purchased 500 Winchester and 1000 CCI #300 large pistol primers, a 1 pound can of Alliant Bullseye powder and 100 Hornady 230g FMJ-RN bullets. This should be a good start, but I'm looking to add 185g JHP bullets and other powders to the mix to see what works well. As far as powders does any one have a particular powder that they prefer such as Bullseye, Unique, W231, Titegroup....etc. ? I would appreciate the input since this is the first time reloading handgun cartridges and any help is greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Good idea to start reloading for your Glock 21 the 45 acp ammo ain't that cheap.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I never loaded for a Glock because they tell you not to shoot cast bullets. In my 1911, I use Unique and 185 KSWC bullets or 200 KSWC bullets. BUllseye is a very fast powder and used mostly for reduced load target rounds. I have shot a fare amount of them over the years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jerrschmitt said:
I never loaded for a Glock because they tell you not to shoot cast bullets. In my 1911, I use Unique and 185 KSWC bullets or 200 KSWC bullets. BUllseye is a very fast powder and used mostly for reduced load target rounds. I have shot a fare amount of them over the years.
You could install a stainless after market barrel from Storm Lake or Lone Wolf and use your 1911 lead loads. I installed a Storm Lake in my G21.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=960&CAT=238

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DDrag50 said:
jerrschmitt said:
You could install a stainless after market barrel from Storm Lake or Lone Wolf and use your 1911 lead loads. I installed a Storm Lake in my G21.

Thanks for the input and as a matter of fact this is the Lone Wolf barrel I am looking at. I like the fact that its drop in and will allow me to enjoy the benifits of shooting less costly lead bullets for target.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
308isgreat said:
DDrag50 said:
jerrschmitt said:

Thanks for the input and as a matter of fact this is the Lone Wolf barrel I am looking at. I like the fact that its drop in and will allow me to enjoy the benifits of shooting less costly lead bullets for target.

Dont forget to wash your hands 308isgreat hehe

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winxp_Man said:
308isgreat said:
DDrag50 said:

Dont forget to wash your hands 308isgreat hehe
Hey dont take all of the fun out of it! I grew up in a time where lead paint chips were a tasty snack and finger lickin good! Just kidding.....I am obsesive compulsive in washing my hands so no worries buddy! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts