Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of the action that each rifle comes in? I will be picking up my first model 700 sps tactical next week. I plan to have the hogue stock stiffened, and put a harris brm-s with pod lock, and a schonfeld sf2-8X26ce tactical scope on it. This will hopefully present a good platform to learn on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum, boltslap. The SPS Tactical is available in either .223 Remington or .308 Winchester caliber - Both are short action cartridges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I know about the .308, but I am curious about which actions the other (non-sps) model 700 derivitives come in.
I am thinking of getting another model 700, and I am trying to decide which one to get.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Most all of the model 700s are available in a huge variety of calibers. A manufacturer's designation of "long" or "short" action deals specifically with receiver length. Example: A .223, 22-250, .243, or .308 would be classified as short action cartridges due to their length. A .270 or 30-06 would be a long action cartridge due to it's length. Stand a .308 up next to a 30-06 and you can really see the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts