Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SPS tac. on order and would like to mount a Bushnell 4.5-30 scope on it. Plan to use EGW base and Burris XTR rings. Anyone know what height rings I should get? I would like to keep the scope as low as possible but obviously not touch the barrel. Can I get by with lows ot do I need meduims? Thanks

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Low will be fine. I have low Warne mounts on my SPS Tac and they are fine. The front bell on a bushnell that comes with 50mm objective should be about 2.25 inches.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have medium XTR's and they're just a tad big for my 44 objective. Maybe more than a tad. Low should be fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
20 MOA EGW base with low XTR rings will handle a 50mm objective with Butler Creek flip up.
Good luck with it, they are great rifles.

·
Registered
221 Posts
firecaptain said:
I have an SPS tac. on order and would like to mount a Bushnell 4.5-30 scope on it. Plan to use EGW base and Burris XTR rings. Anyone know what height rings I should get? I would like to keep the scope as low as possible but obviously not touch the barrel. Can I get by with lows ot do I need meduims? Thanks
Here are the xtr lows, EGW rail with a Wotac 4X14X50

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 with an EGW20deg. base and TPS extra low rings on a SPS Varmint here. Plenty of room.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. It sure helps with the decision making. Thanks for the pics too, I am a visual kind of guy. Does the Wotac have a 50mm obj?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
firecaptain said:
Thanks for the replys. It sure helps with the decision making. Thanks for the pics too, I am a visual kind of guy. Does the Wotac have a 50mm obj?

Yes Wotac's have 50mm Obj. I hear good things about them for the money. Matt the owner is a good guy and stands behind his product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts