Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this digital scale. I bought this thing about two months ago
and it's may be the biggest piece of s**t I have ever bought. It's about as inconsisent as you can get.
The Lyman Estimator would be a better name for it. I have done everything by the letter per the instructions,
covered the air vents in the room, turned the heat and air system completly off, turned off every electrical object on that circuit, held my breath while weighing, turned it on hours before using it, and nothing makes any difference. You can weigh the charge as many times as you like and get that many different readings. Of course I didn't send in the warranty card, hey it's a major name in reloading
it should be good stuff Right? WRONG. I have attempted to contact Lyman and have yet to make contact with anyone, I'm serious,
I haven't even had the opportunity to press 1 for english. This is my last Lyman product of any sort.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only Lyman product I have is a brass tumbler, which works well. (It happened to be on sale) I have an old fashioned RCBS scale. It's worked well for 25 years, although I have thought of upgrading. At least I know what not to buy!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a Lyman tumbler, I think without looking it's the 2500, which has worked very well for quite awhile. I have never really depended on digital scales when loading anything near max, use the old RCBS scale for that as well, but this thing is not stable enough for loading blasting rounds for my AR. If anyone out there has a good rec for digital scales I would sure like to hear from you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts