Tubb Recoil Lug
Harris Bipod
Custom 2 tone Desert Dura Coat
BO .45moa Base

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

COUNTER SNIPER shorty rings and scope -- and check out that giant TUBB recoil lug, it looks MASSIVE.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Good shot of the TUBB bolt, and look closely at the BO 45moa base - it keeps bolt handle/scope clearance from being an issue.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JFComfort said:
.300 WM is a solid round. How do you like that Counter Sniper scope? Is it repeatable?

I love it, it's my second one. I mounted one on a Barrett M98B so I know it to be reliable. I've had one CounterSniper for years - even banged it up a bit by accident and it's still true.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back from the range. Hotter than 40 hells, 4 hours in 100 degrees. I'm used to -40 and can even deal with it, but 100? WTF? I think I lost 10lbs. All you down south brothers, I don't know how you do it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I still think its crazy what you are doing with a CS scope. I haven't heard to many good things about these scopes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Winxp_Man said:
I still think its crazy what you are doing with a CS scope. I haven't heard to many good things about these scopes.
Well, peple get angry at stuff all the time brother, myself included. I had a Chevy Tahoe (2002) that was in the repair shop every month that I owned it (and I bought it brand new 14miles on it). The thing was a lemon and I bad mouth it to everyone. I will never buy one again, but I see hundreds of them on the highways, so I know some of them have to be good.

That's the same thing with this scope, I heard people bitchin about them, so I bought one to check it out for myself. The first one I bought was 10yrs ago and I put it on my .300WM to see if it would come apart when I shot it, but it didn't. It just kept on lasting. Then I put it on my Barret - and it kept on lasting. It's now on my personal Barret M98B (.338LM) and it's still ticking.
I can see clear and far with this thing. Now don't get me wrong, it's not a USO or a S&B, but it is a very good scope. I give it a "thumbs up", esp. when you factor in the military over-runs are in the $400 range.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JFComfort said:
Winxp_Man said:
+1

I've basically heard they are pieces of crap and when I handled them at SHOT show it was confirmed.

You didn't really just say that?! That's like saying I was at the BMW dealership and I saw a 7series, it was crap. What? No I didn't take it out and give it a try, I just "know" it's crap.

So many stereo types and so many people who think they "know", perpetuating the myths without checking them out for themselves. I read that snipershide forum - you can't just believe what you read then spread someone else's opinion.

We really need to stop spouting crap without first checking it out for ourselves. That's what I did. But then again, I've never been a sheep, I'm more of a wolf guy.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well I guess if it works it works and you cant complain. I just want a scope brand that has some type of better track record.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Well I guess if it works it works and you cant complain. I just want a scope brand that has some type of better track record.
FUNNY you should say that! Check out my Range Report from today!

It did not go well. :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
B0BK4T said:
JFComfort said:
Winxp_Man said:
+1

I've basically heard they are pieces of crap and when I handled them at SHOT show it was confirmed.

You didn't really just say that?! That's like saying I was at the BMW dealership and I saw a 7series, it was crap. What? No I didn't take it out and give it a try, I just "know" it's crap.

So many stereo types and so many people who think they "know", perpetuating the myths without checking them out for themselves. I read that snipershide forum - you can't just believe what you read then spread someone else's opinion.

We really need to stop spouting crap without first checking it out for ourselves. That's what I did. But then again, I've never been a sheep, I'm more of a wolf guy.
Nah, handling them at SHOT confirmed it. Cheap plastic locking turrets, mushy 1/8th MOA adjustments... ect. ect. I don't see what running a made in China scope has to do with wolves or sheep but I'm sorry I offended you.

I apologize.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahahahaha, nah, you didn't offend me brother. And no appology is needed from you - it's my bad, I appologize.

My two scopes are made of all metal (aluminum), 1/4moa and are pretty solid. Not that that means anything now!

You guys were right though. Check out my Range report - it wasn't a good day at the range.

Aw hell, it was still a great day at the range, even with the scope that crapped out! :D

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Have you decided what to get next ? And sorry to hear about a bad day at the range.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm thinking this in brown, mildot, EREK 1/4moa, 44mm, 35mm tube, and the #3 1/4moa M-40 with windage stop.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If your going to get MOA turrets, check out their MOA reticles. I shot MOA/MOA with my NF and stuck with it on the USO. CMG MOA reticle, 1/4 MOA EREK, US #1 1/4 MOA. I'll try and get a down the scope picture of it today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts