Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my Colt AR and thinking I wanted something different. Then I just thought I'd replace the upper with something cooler than the AR15 I have now. Its just a A2 upper, 16", nothing special, not even a flat top. After looking around I saw some really cool SBR AR's and thought, what the hell! Now Im not sure what upper to get but Im thinking of going with Bravo Company's M4 12.5".

Anyone have any experience with this? What do you recommend?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got my 10.5" SBR barrel from DEZarms.com (actually came across them on Gunbroker) for about $155 and it seems just about as accurate as my 16" heavy that came on my mid-length Armalite. I got the 10.5" (with carbine length gas hole) because I figured out that a mid-length rail would just cover a low-profile gas block at that spacing, and there's only about 1/4 of an inch from where the rail ends to where the flash hider starts. I picked up a extra flat-top upper & BCG, and used a Yankee Hill mid length rail with their end-cap, their low-pro gas block, and their Phantom QD hider (threaded for a suppressor I don't have yet) and it looks very cool, and VERY professional if I do say so myself. Two pins and a few seconds later, it's all swapped over, and I'm banging away with a rifle you can turn around in a closet with. : )

Just remember; even IF an SBR is legal where you live, you have to "register" your lower receiver as an SBR first. That's $200, some extra paperwork, likely some engraving, and usually waiting a bit...... BEFORE you do anything else. It's not hard, but having a functional SBR upper (or even just a short barrel) and an unregistered lower laying around even if you're "paper in process", is a no-no I wouldn't mess with. Just find a local dealer or somebody to help you with the particulars.

Good luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am actually going with Lock and Load in LV here. They are helping me out with all the legal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts