Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the deal guys, I want to do a little postal match. I know a lot of you shoot so this will give you an opportunity to brag a little. If interest is great enough I will try to do one a month with a different challenge

Rules:
  • This is all based on the honor system, and will only be fun if you are honest. There is nothing to gain by cheating.[/*]
  • Targets are to be POSTMARKED on or before May 7th 2011[/*]
  • Targets are to be fired from any position; no modifications to the targets are allowed (no stickers, marks, etc)[/*]
  • Monopod/Bipod/Rucksack/Sandbags/Beanbags are allowed[/*]
  • Mechanical/Tripod Style Bench Rests (front or rear), including but not limited to Hart/Sinclair/Bald Eagle/Protector/Hoppe's/Caldwell etc are not allowed[/*]
  • No Time limit to shoot the target[/*]
  • Distance is 100 yards[/*]
  • Any caliber, any rifle, any optics[/*]
  • Hand loads ARE allowed[/*]
  • With your target and just for information, please include information about your rifle, scope and ammo combination. I would like to share this information when winner is announced.[/*]
  • You may fire as many targets as you would like, but please only send in your best target for scoring[/*]

Course of Fire:
  • Fire three shots on each target[/*]
  • Targets with more than 15 bullet holes will not be scored[/*]

Scoring:
  • Each target group will be measured[/*]
  • All 5 groups will be averaged[/*]
  • Lowest Average wins[/*]

Tie Breaker:
  • Tie breaker will be the shooter with the smallest individual group[/*]

Rules Sheet
http://www.treeclimber.com/reloads/PostalMatches/SUYG Postal Match May.pdf

Target
http://www.treeclimber.com/reloads/PostalMatches/SYUGMatch.pdf

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I will have to sit down and get a few loads done :) ^^ I agree should be fun!

Rule number one reminds me of airsoft battles. Since it isn't like paint ball it's a honor system. I believe every one here is a good sport and will play fair. I will go out with 308isgreat just for back up :) the plan is for Wednesday of next week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes 3 shot groups x5. If it turns out to be fun and we got a few who want to continue I have a couple other ideas I have picked up over the years reading online.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Right on thanks I changed my post cause I noticed the target after I wrote the question :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts