Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as of now i am using a nikon monarch 5-20x44mm with a bdc reticle and i am looking into buying another scope for ranges from 600-1000 yards and am interested in something a little more tactical than what i have now. i love the nikon scope it has great light transmission and very clear optics and seems to take all the abuse my .308 can give as well as holding a good zero. i guess my question is this, should i just invest in a nikon tactical scope or should i look into another manufacturer that specializes in tactical scopes? i dont want to spend a butload of money but i do know you get what you pay for in most cases but would still like to try and keep it under 1,200 bucks.

any suggestions on choices ?

anyone care to chime in on sticking with the nikon/

any feedback would be great.

thanks a bunch guys.
donovan

·
Registered
98 Posts
You love your scope, mate:D Doesn't get much better than that. A scope that works is a pearl beyond price, I reckon. I use a straight twenty up to 1000, on targets. It has a 1/8 moa cross-hair.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been scope shopping also, and while looking, I noticed the leupold ar and the nikon ar scopes. Out of the two, I'm almost tempted to go nikon!
I wasn't shopping for ar scopes but figured I'd give my .02

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ,just purchased the Busnell elite 6500 2.5x16x42 tactical, great glass,great power range and
aprox 80 moa adjustment,the tac knobs are robust and the clicks are crisp ,for around 700.00
very pleased with it so far! not very large scope either, installed 20 moa weaver tactical base
and burris extreme tactical low rings, figure I will have aprox 98 to 100 moa adjustment total
it is advertised at 78 moa which is great for 16 power,I have problems with scopes much over
that power range I see my heart beat so bad,I have found I shoot better groups at 16-18 power
and have been switching all my 6-24 power scopes over. :D Did I mention it is actually made in
Japan, not China,Korea or the Phillipines. :D it's well under 1200.00,but if you plan on spending
that much you could go with leupold or might get into a nightforce or countersniper or monarch-x
but I am pleased with my 700.00 purchase ( a ton of money for my budget)

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you going to spend $1200, i would go the Leupold Mk4 Tactical, I did, and very pleased with it.

After much deliberation went with the 6.5-20 X 50 on my SPS Tactical.....and I would not do it any different if I was going to start over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts