Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing a scope for my sps tactical .308. budget is tiny and from doing research they seem to be decent for the price. im leaning towards the Millet but if the falcon is better for almost the same price i will get that one. or if there is something similar in price and options from a different scope.
does anyone know the part numbers for either scope? the millet i was thinkin about is the BK81001 or 1002, not sure if its a big difference.

goal is to put holes in paper as far away as possible on a budget and take the gun hunting in the fall. i do want a tactical style scope thats why i am thinking about these two.

and for fun if you have an sps tactical with either scope you should post a pic :)

thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Falcon Menace 4-14x44, I like it. I have made shots to 400 yards in temperatures from -10 to 50 degrees. You should also look at the WOTAC scopes, they're great for the price I have heard. Here's mine:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Between the two I would go with the MIL/MIL FFP Falcon Menace! I think quality wise they are about the same or close to. I notice a lot of beginners on Sniper's Hide and newer shooter in practical precision rifle matches utilize them with great success.

I think you couldn't go wrong with the Millet either, especially if it is substantially more affordable. My suggestion with the Millet is to get a model where the reticle subtensions and click adjustments match.. either MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My only experience is with the Falcon and I think it is very solid, very accurate and a fantastic scope for the price. If you get one, make sure you remove the turrets and wipe away some of the white lubricant - this will take away the mush and you'll have excellent clicks with your adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts