·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a poor guys budget rifle. 700 SPS Tactical .308
20moa rail
warne medium rings
Millett 4-16x50
KRG-OPS bolt knob cover thingy (actually really awesome)
cheapo bipod

nothing fancy but its what i could afford and i will have a blast with it either way. i'm stoked about it! been wanting a 700 for a few years now. i've had it about 2 weeks and havent shot it yet :( been waiting on scope and rings and stuff before i go shoot it. i am planning on breaking in the barrel the correct way this friday. (if there is a correct way)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice! looking good there brother............................. now start a piggy bank for a nice HS precision stock and you will be good to go. Also not to be a Jack Ars but there is nothing wrong with a millet it will do the job. I have a Hawke scope that ran me 389 to my door and recently shot a 2.5" group at 534 yards. I know a few guys that when I told them how much I paid for my scope their eyes popped out of there sockets which really surprised me. to each there own. If you have the funds though go for it and get a NF, IOR, or a any other high end scope because they will not let you down when you really put it to the test.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it me or does that scope make that gun look very small?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jasonbourne said:
It's A thing of beauty. How is this a budget mans build. You have everything except a aftermarket stock lol. Looks great man!

Last edited by jasonbourne (Yesterday 9:00: PM)
thanks. im into it a little over $900 with everything being brand new so its still pretty cheap.

Winxp_Man said:
Nice! looking good there brother............................. now start a piggy bank for a nice HS precision stock and you will be good to go. Also not to be a Jack Ars but there is nothing wrong with a millet it will do the job. I have a Hawke scope that ran me 389 to my door and recently shot a 2.5" group at 534 yards. I know a few guys that when I told them how much I paid for my scope their eyes popped out of there sockets which really surprised me. to each there own. If you have the funds though go for it and get a NF, IOR, or a any other high end scope because they will not let you down when you really put it to the test.

shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
i would have liked a better scope but at less than $300 shipped i wont complain. would love a new stock but the wife would hate me :(

ThugHunter said:
i said the same thing!

·
Registered
38 Posts
lol I think the scope makes it look kinda small because of the big sunshade. I have the same TRS-1 and they're pretty big when the shades on em but if you've seen mine it looks pretty normal without it, but it's been nothing but good to me so no complaints. Nice rig btw Sackett!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Sackett said:
jasonbourne said:
It's A thing of beauty. How is this a budget mans build. You have everything except a aftermarket stock lol. Looks great man!

Last edited by jasonbourne (Yesterday 9:00: PM)
thanks. im into it a little over $900 with everything being brand new so its still pretty cheap.
Winxp_Man said:

shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
i would have liked a better scope but at less than $300 shipped i wont complain. would love a new stock but the wife would hate me

ThugHunter said:
i said the same thing!

Thats why I say the piggy bank idea :) little my little and before you know it you have the cash for a new stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let us know how she punches holes. I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery so still have my brand new tac 223 waiting in the safe. But, been so bores I have a few hundred rounds all loaded up to find what she likes.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^^^ cant go wrong with loading up a few different types of rounds while your in recovery..............

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jwaz27 said:
Let us know how she punches holes. I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery so still have my brand new tac 223 waiting in the safe. But, been so bores I have a few hundred rounds all loaded up to find what she likes.
that sucks you cant shoot it yet. but understand how that goes. i'm gonna break it in tonight might try to site it in as well. but i bought cheap rounds for breaking in and expensive to actually site in and practice with. pretty excited to finally shoot it though. but its gonna be COLD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sackett said:
jwaz27 said:
that sucks you cant shoot it yet. but understand how that goes. i'm gonna break it in tonight might try to site it in as well. but i bought cheap rounds for breaking in and expensive to actually site in and practice with. pretty excited to finally shoot it though. but its gonna be COLD
I hear ya with the cold. Last time I got out the temp was about 10°…

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The last time I went out the morning started at 34* then got up to 52-54. then the minute the sun was out of sight it got cold really really quick. still not as bad as 10* WOW the gun cant even heat up at all.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Sackett, I took a look into the KRG-OPS Bolt lift you got installed on your stick. I placed an order two nights ago and this morning it was sitting at my door. Damn good customer service and shipping. It's an easy install, looks great and functions well for the price. I do have a question for you though, are you able to rock yours forwards and backwards a little bit? (imagine revving a motorcycle). I have a little play in mine. It's not bad but a little annoying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine did have a little play at first, but I didn't use the o-ring things that came with it. As soon as I put those in its solid. I didn't use the epoxy either.

Took the rifle out for the first time, did pretty good. Considering I was laying in snow shooting at a cardboard box I feel I did well. Broke in the barrel with cheap ammo while trying to site it in. Little wind and maybe 25 degrees and 8000ft elevation. Had some decent groups after the first 10 rounds. After 20 swapped to hornady 168's and was very accurate. No pics or measurements, cause honestly they weren't that good but were surprisingly good. Can't wait to get on a bench and dial it in a little better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
went to the range today. its only a 100yd range. it was outside and freezing cold. only shot 18 rounds. i shot 3 shot groups. first group was just to warm up the rifle a little. the rest were all fairly decent. a lot better than the first outing with it as i had a bench this time.
Completely stock SPS tactical in .308
Millet TRS-1
168gr Hornady BTHP
i was aiming for the little black square btw

·
Registered
44 Posts
RidgeRunner said:
What length barrel is it?
sps tacs have 20" barrels

1 - 20 of 21 Posts