700Rifle.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just found my next 700.... SWEEET!

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd.aspx

* 308 Win with 20” Heavy Barrel with 5/8-24 Threaded Muzzle
* Shipped with Thread Protector Installed
* Accepts AAC® and other 5/8-24 Threaded Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brake and Suppressors
* 1 in 10” Rate of Twist for 168 grain-220 grain Bullets and Sub-Sonic Loads
* Hogue® Overmolded Ghillie Green™ Pillar Bedded Stock
* X-Mark Pro® Externally Adjustable Trigger Set at 3 ½ Pounds

·
Registered
2 Posts
NBT said:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd.aspx

* Accepts AAC® and other 5/8-24 Threaded Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brake and Suppressors

i would consider buying this rifle but i'm pretty sure suppressors are illegal in iowa.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, the twist rate lets you shoot the heavier projos for longer ranges (800+) and the threaded muzzle doesn't have to be used for a can. I have an SEI Vortex on mine until I get a can.
Admittedly, the rifle was built for cans but that doesn't mean it is only for cans.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pistol Pete said:
NBT said:

i would consider buying this rifle but i'm pretty sure suppressors are illegal in iowa.
you will probally want to dump the stock and get a HS or B&C,the Hogues are pretty flimsey,
and you are correct silencers are prohibited by civilians in Iowa....too close to THE PEOPLES
REPUBLIC OF ILLINOIS :lol:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
This is one way Remington makes a lot of money they take a rifle already on the market and paint it different colors and at some threads on the barrel. AKA SPS Tactical if i was anyone out there that has in consideration to buy one just buy the SPS Tac or SPS Varmint and upgrade it slowly or fast :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got mine in last week. Shot it last weekend. Three different loads were sub-moa and two of those were hunting bullets.
I love it. :D Probably will spring for another stock. The trigger on mine was no where near 3.5#s though. 6.5#s out of the box. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts