Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this gun? Just curious about the cheap alternative to a 700, btw there should be bumper stickers or magnets or w/e for the site, I'd put one on my truck.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The 770 Remington are not decent at all. If you do get one don't expect anything at all from this rifle. Not saying that they will not shoot there may be some that do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I haven't shot them - I've only held them, and they feel like holding a hardened dog turd and sorrow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha like I said I was just curious about them, personally I'd rather spend a few extra bucks on something timetested like the 700

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your local store has one in stock, pick it up and cycle the action. I did because I was thinking about buying one for $350 as opposed to $550 for the SPS Tactical, and the moment I looked at how skinny the bolt handle was, and just how gritty the cycling was I knew it would be better to spring the extra couple bucks for something nice.

You'd be better off finding a used ADL or BDL..

·
Registered
477 Posts
this is the second time remington has done a redo of the 700 action. anyone remember the 710? supposedly it had less moving parts than the 700 so less problems, right? wrong. i remember there being at least one recall and maybe more. dont fix if it if it aint broke. just go for a used 700 at the least. you get what you pay for

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 700 i was just curious about the 770, i figured it would be another case of "you get what you pay for"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts