Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this gun? Just curious about the cheap alternative to a 700, btw there should be bumper stickers or magnets or w/e for the site, I'd put one on my truck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I haven't shot them - I've only held them, and they feel like holding a hardened dog turd and sorrow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha like I said I was just curious about them, personally I'd rather spend a few extra bucks on something timetested like the 700

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your local store has one in stock, pick it up and cycle the action. I did because I was thinking about buying one for $350 as opposed to $550 for the SPS Tactical, and the moment I looked at how skinny the bolt handle was, and just how gritty the cycling was I knew it would be better to spring the extra couple bucks for something nice.

You'd be better off finding a used ADL or BDL..

·
Registered
477 Posts
this is the second time remington has done a redo of the 700 action. anyone remember the 710? supposedly it had less moving parts than the 700 so less problems, right? wrong. i remember there being at least one recall and maybe more. dont fix if it if it aint broke. just go for a used 700 at the least. you get what you pay for

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 700 i was just curious about the 770, i figured it would be another case of "you get what you pay for"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.