Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, i've had two in 7-08 and one in .260, all of which found their way to a new home. Stupid me, I'd kill to find another one in 7-08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had one in blued steel and walnut in .280 Remington. One of the finest handling rifles and I ever had. Of course I traded it. Now I'm looking to make the new version in stainless steel/synthetic in .280 my third 700 for my stable. Great rifle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am currently waiting for a 280 Mountain ss, I also have a SPS varmint 22-250 ,and a sps dm 270. I reload and can't wait to rev up the 280. The 270 is my backup that I can easily find ammo for. Last year I shot a moose with my 338 win mag Ruger last year and hope to get another with the 280 . I believe the Mountain SS is close to custom light weight for a reasonable price .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I do after 20 years with this rifle....I have a stainless .260 which I had reamed out to .260 AI. Was it worth doing that? Hell No - for a marginal increase in velocity lost because I need to now full-length size to overcome feeding problems. I can't say I like the absence of a bolt lock on the Rem700's....had a few rounds eject whilst stalking due to the bolt catching on something...also toned down the shiny stainless and gloss stock finish for mountain hunting. The rate of twist could be better for heavier bullets. The barrel should have been slightly heavier...On the subject of weight - Remington didn't seem to think rifle balance was important - extremely butt heavy in relation to muzzle... so had to get a Gunsmith to balance that out...But otherwise a fine rifle...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts