Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That looks like a nice muzzle brake. Post a review when you get a chance :D lookin forward to it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This looks very close to the Roedale brake and is another good find. I have an email to Steve @ Dark Metal Design for more info on the H&K style brake. I'm very interested in this one! Keep us informed please......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One problem....is that they are powder coated black?....rather left in parkerized form.

The guy has some feedback on there.....and a lot of thread on style brakes too in this style.
less than 2 week turn around...

he doesn't have any parkerized ones left only black? wonder how bad it will look on boom stick?

I did ask if they'll have any parkerized ones again soon?

Will keep posted and report back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
vincmm said:
One problem....is that they are powder coated black?....rather left in parkerized form.

The guy has some feedback on there.....and a lot of thread on style brakes too in this style.
less than 2 week turn around...

he doesn't have any parkerized ones left only black? wonder how bad it will look on boom stick?

I did ask if they'll have any parkerized ones again soon?

Will keep posted and report back.
So how was it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Berto...got your Ebay message....

I have shot 8 rounds through it and from what I can tell works as described.
My 308 is in a Knoxx Axiom Stock..shooting prone off bi pod the gun didn't jump on bit.....in fact it felt as if I was shooting a 223...I haven't shot it with the brake off to see if the gun wants to jump/climb...course my PSS 308 is a 26" barrel too..

Also something I tried out and very pleased with

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/boltlift.php

Simple installation ..cheaper by far than machining a bolt lift on your bolt....I bought 2 when I purchased...figured for the price of 2 I was still money ahead....the other will be going on my .223

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Maybe if you can do some videos for us :) I might be in need for another brake for my Sendero in 300 win mag.

·
Registered
32 Posts
vincmm said:
@ Berto...got your Ebay message....

I have shot 8 rounds through it and from what I can tell works as described.
My 308 is in a Knoxx Axiom Stock..shooting prone off bi pod the gun didn't jump on bit.....in fact it felt as if I was shooting a 223...I haven't shot it with the brake off to see if the gun wants to jump/climb...course my PSS 308 is a 26" barrel too..

Also something I tried out and very pleased with

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/boltlift.php

Simple installation ..cheaper by far than machining a bolt lift on your bolt....I bought 2 when I purchased...figured for the price of 2 I was still money ahead....the other will be going on my .223
I got ur msg, thanks. I also got a msg from darkmetal and they are also backup.

(From darkmetal design)

Dear stinkytiki_0j0,

Hello,

Do to the large volume of requests for muzzle brake availability, and interest in our products we have answered your request with a generic email. If you are inquiring about any of the following muzzle brakes; Linear, Profiled Linear, Stainless Linear, Stainless profiled Linear, HK custom bore muzzle brake.

If you are interested in one of the above and don’t see it listed we are probably in production. The material is on the shop floor and we are procseesing it. As soon as any of these products are available for sale we will list them in our store. If you don’t see them in the store its because they are not finished. We typically list the items that are ready for sale the same day. Please be patient, if you are a new customer we look forward to providing you a quality product, and service. If you are a returning customer we apppreciate your continued patronage.

Thank you,

[email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
That looks like a nice muzzle brake. Post a review when you get a chance :D lookin forward to it.

Here is you review. I can tell you that it doesn't have to be german engineering to work. This brake is great, reducing recoil and muzzle flip to the minimum. It feels like a 223 but the people next to me at the range weren't to happy. With 165gr this thing roars like a muzzle car.

I'll take some vids next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My cold bore shot it 11 oclock (3 shots) @ 100 yards and after that I put 7 rounds of 150gr Sierra GameKing Spitzer Boat Tail
seated @ 2.750" with 38gr of Hodgdon Benchmark, Federal case & CCI primer

Sorry I couldn't mess this one up

3 shots @ 100 yards

5 shots @ 100 yards

2 shots @ 100 yards & I ran out of 150gr

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well the Roedale brakes to me dont seem that loud. I was at the table next to 308isgreat and I didn't notice the noise and blast at all. Maybe he can pitch in with his thoughts also. Oh and great shooting there :) Keep it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts