Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

Muzzle brake question

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Winxp_Man 
#1 ·
Hey fellow shooters,
I was wondering if anybody has installed a muzzle brake on there rifle and did it effect the acuracy. I don't really see how it could hurt it if you dont mess up the crown in the process of installation. I think it should help since it would reduce Recoil and muzzle jump. I would love to put one on my SPS tac .308 I'm building Any thoughts would be greatly apricated.

Thanks Jerry

#2 ·
You dont need it on the .308. They can make you unwelcome on the range due to the blast effects.

#4 ·
I've never liked them until I bought a rifle that had one on it. Now I wish I had them on all my rifles. The one thing I like is that you can see your hits and make your own corrections. The thing I hate is the noise. Like Quick said, people at the range won't like you. I shoot mostly on my own range or in the prairie dog towns so it isn't a problem for me.

To answer your question, it won't change your accuracy a bit.

#5 ·
Thanks for all your input . I know people dont like the extra noise but I can shoot almost a 1000yrds on several nearby farms :D so noise isnt realy a problem.
The brake has been put on back burner. I am now saving for a fully adjustable BC stock,but I am still planing on geting one in the future . By the way this is only my 2nd post, haven't realy had time to play with the guns :( the fun of owning your busineess. Anyways nuff said for now .

Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.