700Rifle.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Howdy From New York,

Nice job - I would stick to it if I were you!

They actually re-bored and rechambered the existing barrel?

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy From New York,

Nice job - I would stick to it if I were you!

They actually re-bored and rechambered the existing barrel?

Bob
Yes he did, in fact,,,, he did quite a few, several for me, including this M700 with a Ballard 5-Groove @ 1:10.....:cool:
and there is a guy in Cottage Grove Or., doing the same thing now,,,, check out JES [email protected] 35caliber.com
Lj
LJ's Remington M700 Gun-Smith Oregon..PNG

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very cool working with PO Ackley would be a dream,you’ll probably not see craftsmanship like that again,that’s definitely a keeper.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
If the $250 is just for re-boring, I do not think I would do that. For around $320.00 I think I would prefer to have a new custom barrel. All my re-barrel jobs (except Rim Fire) are Krieger Barrels. I much prefer them to Remington Barrels. I did not go to his web site, but are these cut rifling?

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the $250 is just for re-boring, I do not think I would do that. For around $320.00 I think I would prefer to have a new custom barrel. All my re-barrel jobs (except Rim Fire) are Krieger Barrels. I much prefer them to Remington Barrels. I did not go to his web site, but are these cut rifling?

Bob
Ok Bob,,,,, well I talked about that on my Post #3,,,,,, and Yes, Ballard 5-Groove @ 1:10 for my Mtn. rifle.....:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts