Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and didnt really see a intro section so I figured this is as good a place as any. Here they are:

Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223
Falcon Optics Menace 4.5-18x56 scope
Harris Bipod
Tac Ops bolt knob
Tac Ops cheek piece
Bolt fluting
Manners MCS-T1 - on order but, should be here tomorrow!!

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
Falcon Optics Menace 4-14x44 scope
Harris Bipod
Tac Ops bolt Knob
Tac Ops cheek piece
Bell & Carlson tactical stock

One of the whole group

·
Registered
795 Posts
Wow! Color coordinated and everything! You pay attention to detail, I can tell. Those are nice looking rifles. How do you like that Bell & Carlson stock? I'm thinking of replacing the stock and couple of guys on here recommend the B&C one.

I really think your SPS Tactical looks sharp! Of course I'm partial to those anyways. :D

Welcome to the forums by the way!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice! I also like the color matching thing... would keep me from grabbing the wrong one when I'm in a hurry!

How do you like the Menace that's on your .308? I'm starting to think that might not be a bad scope for a predator rifle.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice rifles mate. They look very sharp.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Where did you get the cheek piece? I know it's made by Tac Ops, but did you get it off their website? I when to their website, but clicking on accessories only takes me to the "engraving" page.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SemperFi said:
Where did you get the cheek piece? I know it's made by Tac Ops, but did you get it off their website? I when to their website, but clicking on accessories only takes me to the "engraving" page.

http://www.snipercentral.com/shop/index.php?cPath=27&osCsid=240589102a7fbeca8f09bcb132023d65

It appears that only black is instock. To my knowlegde you will have to either get them off that site or call Mike at Tac Ops but, I dont know off hand if he does alot of phone orders really. I would contact Mel on snipercentral to see when he may be getting more if you want the OD color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SemperFi said:
Wow! Color coordinated and everything! You pay attention to detail, I can tell. Those are nice looking rifles. How do you like that Bell & Carlson stock? I'm thinking of replacing the stock and couple of guys on here recommend the B&C one.

I really think your SPS Tactical looks sharp! Of course I'm partial to those anyways. :D

Welcome to the forums by the way!
Thank you. I try to make sure everything looks right. I love the B&C it has a nice large palm swell area which as compared to the other oem stock it is 100
% better everwhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BK said:
Nice! I also like the color matching thing... would keep me from grabbing the wrong one when I'm in a hurry!

How do you like the Menace that's on your .308? I'm starting to think that might not be a bad scope for a predator rifle.

Well I will be honest I have not been shooting all that much, roughly 7 months but, I have learned alot. Although I do not have a solid history with any other scope so in my book it is great. I have never looked through a good Luepold or Nightfoce but, I think I will be trying out a Luepold Mark4 soon on the .308 and switching the scope on the 308 now over to the 223 as I just sold the 4.5-18 because it was a little big and it was in cm's not inches. Still I think they are deff. worth $400.00. The adjustments are crisp and have never had one problem with either of them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It all depends on what you prefer. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer short barrels but I understand the limitations of the system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts