Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off with the basic .308 sps tactical with houge stock, and since than have put a few goodies into it.
Here's my build list....

Currently on rifle
-rem 700 .308 sps tactical
-nightforce nxs 5.5x22x56 scope with zero stops and high speed turrets
-nightforce ul titanium med scope rings
-nightforce angle degree indicator
-atrs one piece scope rail
-ATRS tactical bolt knob
-Badger Ordnance FTE muzzlebreak
-Timney 510 trigger
-Atlas bipod
-Accushot monopod
-Accuracy International 10 round magazine + 2 5 rounders

Some pics of the process up to date.

Heres the first 15 or so shots ever fire through the rifle, included are the bore shots (did the ole look through the barrel at a knot in the fence at 25 yards and lined crosshairs accordingly) not too shabby at 50m, 3" low... and one flyer haha. Shooting prone outta the back of a buddies truck to avoid laying in the snow, with the factory trigger pull weight at 5lbs ish. Have since dialed back to a respectable 3lbs. Gonna really fine tune at a proper range with sandbags when my stock and parts get here. Was just too anxious to shoot the rifle.

managed too fire another box through the rifle this past weekend, no pics but groups tightened as became for comfortable with rifle, still not a range, but backcountry. took the shots out to 200-215 yards with pop bottle targets and one shot one hits. Cant wait for summer to come when I can walk and place further ranged targets out and not get stuck walking through waist high snow.

More pics to come as parts arrive.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
wow nice! looking good there bud :D

How much you spend on the stock ? that thing looks expensive as heck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they do start at $799 and with accessories can easily add up in a hurry. The total cost for my stock with applicable taxes, and shipping to my door with the accessories listed previously was $1275.00 CDN. I have a shooting buddy who recently acquired himself a AICS 1.0 (non folding) stock and paid around the $1100 CDN for the bare stock, so I think i did pretty good with this decision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a special mount for that. It mounts like a standard scope but has a hanger onto which you attach the ADI. If you order one, be very careful and get the appropriate mount for your handedness. All told it runs roughly ~200 including shipping for the ADI and mount.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's a nice muzzle break... does that one "clamp" on to the front of the barrel as well? It kinda looks like it might from the first photo of it.

I got excited when I saw the NF scope box... :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im hoping so :lol: Just had some scrap metal laying around so thought I'd try. It will be a touch and go project. If it works great, if not no biggie, materials were all laying around my shop anyways. Next step is to make a recessed threaded plug which will slide in the channel behind the barrel plug(larger hole) and some baffles. Gonna weld the 2 barrel end plugs in place, and have a set screw holding muzzle plug and baffles in place. This should allow for disassembly for cleaning......or so it will work this way in my mind :lol:

possible set screws or solid weld is still up in air, if i develop expansion chamber and baffles acccordingly, I should be able to remove and use an air chuck and compressor to blow debris out too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
@.308remy...is that a muzzle break.....more like a silencer look @ like?....sweet

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just got the confirmation from my gunsmith that my package arrived at his shop on friday. Sent off my barrel, action with bolt, trigger and my BO muzzlebreak. With that being said i am having my barrel threaded and the muzzle break installed, as well as bored for my .308 and fired to ensure everything is kosher. I also couldnt resist and had him install a tactical bolt knob at the same time too. Wasnt like the little knob, and how close to the scope it was. Very anxious for my stuff to come back. Will post up pics when assembled.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got a little bored while at work so made a little scope cover ballistics chart for my gun and laminated them. Got a few different ipod programs, took the numbers from the programs and added a ranging formula and voila, 100 to 1000 yard moa #s in 50 yard increments.

PICS SUCK, auto macro not doing too well.... :( you get the point tho

the final pieces for the can build should be finished tomorrow and assembly to follow, test firing will be as soon as barrel and pieces are sent back and reinstalled.

I also ordered an AICS 10 round magazine that should be here in a few days. 5 shot for bush, 10 for range.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts