700Rifle.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left hand, long action magnum. I'd like to build a 300 Win Mag. Barrels are seriously back ordered and most barrel makers want you to send them your gun. I'm going to see if my luck holds with Numrich. They claim to have like new Remington factory barrels for $100 removed from 700's after being customized. Maybe if the dust settles I'll be able to get a brand new barrel from Brownells or Midway. Meanwhile . . .

So far so good. The stock I ordered from Numrich for $100 came and while it isn't pristine it's more than serviceable. The only trigger guard/magazine well available is a plastic one from Legacy Sports.

700 build[1].jpg 700 build[2].jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Should turn out to be a really nice rifle.

What barrel makers have you talked to? I have never been asked by any of my barrel suppliers to send my receiver. Are you looking at Pre-Chambered barrels or blanks?

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should turn out to be a really nice rifle.

What barrel makers have you talked to? I have never been asked by any of my barrel suppliers to send my receiver. Are you looking at Pre-Chambered barrels or blanks?

Bob
I want a pre-chambered pre-threaded factory spec and contoured barrel.

There aren't many gunsmiths where I live. The guy I dealt with for the past 10 years recently died. I'm hoping that if I need any machining done I can take a pre-chambered pre-threaded barrel to someone for machining. Mostly they're in Phoenix and Las Vegas although there are a couple local but that's still might mean a 50 mile drive one way.

Looking at the well known barrel makers on the internet seems to me to be a waste of time.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Yep, If you want a pre-chambered and threaded barrel, that would be the case.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 300 Win Mag barrel I ordered from Numrich has arrived at the local post office. I pick it up tomorrow. It only took 2 weeks on a slow truck from upstate NY. Now I get down to it. I even found some ammo at my local pawn shop. PPU 170 grain SP and some reloads I'll have to pull down and reload myself. At least I'll get to use my new work shed.

IMG_20210118_154520.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Look forward to seeing the results.

Fortunately when I need something from Numrich, I have one of my flight students fly into Kingston Airport and I go pick it up during out lunch break.

Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Look forward to seeing the results.

Fortunately when I need something from Numrich, I have one of my flight students fly into Kingston Airport and I go pick it up during out lunch break.

Bob
Is the Eastern Shore too far away for an "Air Drop" ???

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
I need to fly down and meet up with you soon. That is how we can go to Williamsport to do some shooting also.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts