Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a long range introduction class out in Eastern Oregon with my 700 with HS stock and CDI DM setup with Lupy mrk4.

Has a suppressor made by SAS on it and it performed very well out to 1200 yards using Prvi Partizan 175 gr Match Ammo.

Very very impressed.

the end of the road is 1200 yards.

I have never taken my stick any further than 200 yards before and the instructors warned me about using a suppressor for long range but my suppressor is dedicated for my 700 so it stays on it all the time so no bother with POI POA shifts.

In the end, I love my setup and it did well.

Only issues that was minor was the AI AICS mag was giving me issues on the 1st round but one trip to my gunsmith Koontz Customs in Salem, Oregon, he polished the feedramp and changed the angle a bit and it was cycling fine with no further issues.

I dig the 700 platform folks...it's the best there is in my opinion.

:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice stick!

1200?....damn, one of these days.

So you like the match Prvi? I've only fed mine FGMM in 168 but then again, I've only had the opportunity to shoot at 200 yds. I feel so......unmanly.

:-(

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Gdvan, the farthest we got here in Miami is 100 yards. I feel like I'm wasting my rifles times lol. There is a 1000yard range but it's a 4 hour drive.

Prdubi, nice boom stick! What type of can you got?

·
Registered
123 Posts
jasonbourne said:
Gdvan, the farthest we got here in Miami is 100 yards. I feel like I'm wasting my rifles times lol. There is a 1000yard range but it's a 4 hour drive.

Prdubi, nice boom stick! What type of can you got?
I hear ya'. Wish I knew some of the local folk sitting on some of the land around my area. It's about a 2 hour ride to get to a 300yd range down near Va. Beach (C2 Shooting Center)...then there's the tunnel/traffic thing. Oy...

My local gun club is only 100yds. but it's better than not having a range close by.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That right there is just about everyone's dream on this site - 1000+ range with professional instructors and a hell of a rifle to use. You're living the dream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts