Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

My new SPS Tactical

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Doug308 
#1 ·
Heres my new baby. Cant wait to get to the range tomorrow. Hoping to get her sighted in tomorrow. I know its not a "precision" rifle but from what Ive read, Im hoping for 1/2MOA or so

Its a Remington SPS Tactical in .308 I went with EWG one piece 20MOA Picatinny rail, Super sniper rings, and a Super sniper 10X42 scope. Im happy so far. Ill post a range report as soon as I get a chance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Hotshot,

I have heard a lot of good hype about that Super Sniper scope. I think I see one in my future.
Let us know how you like that scope. I think your rifle will do fine. I have a Remington 700 VSF in .308, 26" heavy fluted barrel. My experience is that it takes from 100 to 200 rounds to break in the barrel. As you start shooting, you will notice that each range session you have, the groups will start getting a little tighter with each trip. A lot of these rifles are capable of 1/2" or smaller groups with the right loads after break in is complete. Lots of luck and good shooting, Sir.

Sincerely,
Dave (Bubba) Thornblom

#3 ·
Mate, trust me any rifle that can shoot under 1MOA IS a Precision rifle. Thats one nice looking SPS you have there. Range report!!!!!

#6 ·
Yeah, I am shooting the same loads as jinxed and I can cover a four round group with a quarter. Love my 700! It's good and good for you. Well,,, unless it's pointed at you.

jinxed247 said:
Hell, I'm getting pretty much a single hole at a hundred yards just using Hornady 168gr BTHP match. You won't be disappointed!

#7 ·
I just read the first post in the thread. If it'll shoot 1/2 MOA that is a massively precision rifle!

Hotshot said:
Heres my new baby. Cant wait to get to the range tomorrow. Hoping to get her sighted in tomorrow. I know its not a "precision" rifle but from what Ive read, Im hoping for 1/2MOA or so

Its a Remington SPS Tactical in .308 I went with EWG one piece 20MOA Picatinny rail, Super sniper rings, and a Super sniper 10X42 scope. Im happy so far. Ill post a range report as soon as I get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.