Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my remington 700 sps varmint with a 26" heavy barell and bell & carleson a2 stock and a nikon monarch 5-20x44mm bdc optic . soon to add a muzzle break and bipod.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys and it is a .308 . i love the stock it is similar to what i used in the military but with a much flater foregrip. i have only shot it once so far and only out to 300 yards where i did some 1.5 inch groups, it is still a new rifle and the groups should settle down i would think after a few more rounds. i love it and and very happy with it at this point , now i just need to get out to a bit more distance and really see what it can do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same rifle in the A5 stock so you know I'm loving it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
8541 said:
this is my remington 700 sps varmint with a 26" heavy barell and bell & carleson a2 stock and a nikon monarch 5-20x44mm bdc optic . soon to add a muzzle break and bipod.

very nice, and welcome! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as promised i went to the range on sunday september 5th and shot aobut 80 rnds through her and these are a few pics of the results. the wind was mild between about 5-12mph throught the morning and was about 1/2 value from my 7 o'clock so not that big of a deal but there was gust from time to time but nothing you couldnt hold on.

this is one of my 100 yard groups and was just at 1/2 inch and i averaged between 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch groups all morning.

her you will see a silhoutte target i shot at 300 yards , i was doing 5 shots to the body and two to the heat leaving 3 rds for a 100 yard group. the body grouping was not that good but the tow headsots were nicely placed, in th futur i will put a black dot center mass to have a referance point and these should tighten up a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts