Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my main carry rifle when I am out on the ranch "Checking fences". It is a Gibbs Rifle Company conversion of an Ishapore Model 2A1 Endfield rifle. These are chambered in 7.62x51 and have a 12 round magazine.

The Gibbs Rifle Company took these rifles, shortened the barrels and added a MK IV flash hider to the muzzles. They marketed these as the Model 7 "Jungle Carbine". Gibbs is still in business, but they no longer produce this conversion.

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/historical_remakes_.html

When I bought the rifle, it originally had a receiver scope mount and a Simmons 3x9 scope. The previous owner had also installed a sling swivel stud in order to also attach a bipod. These were removed once I got the rifle home. I recently had the flash hider and bayonet lug removed as I like the looks of the rifle without them.

Before:

After:

She is quite a shooter and I can ring the 200 yard steel plate with the iron sights (They are graduated out to 800 meters). I will be adding a slip-on recoil pad as the factory metal butt plate does tend to beat the heck out of ya!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts