Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 700 trip had been to an indoor range, and with the Hogue I was able to shoot sub-moa with the best group being .62MOA (I had not shot sub MOA before, so I was happy)

This trip was to my normal outdoor range, and the first part of the day was occupied with getting some chronograph numbers on a few factory loads (I listed these on another post).

I had installed a B&C M40 style stock and wanted to see if it had improved the rifle. After doing my chrono work I fired two three shot groups to see what the difference was... Ammo was FGMM 168 at the 100 yard line.

I flinched on the third shot of the second group, and it ended up .588MOA.

The first group looked a bit better...

My first sub .5 MOA group :)

I had never shot beyond 100yards before, so I went up to the 250 yard line and shot some steel, then 3, 3 shot groups. The winds were kicking up pretty good at this point, and my shoulder was starting to get a bit wore out (I had fired some 5.56 and 7.62x51 rifle too)

The groups ended up at 1.12, .93, and .89 MOA, I look forward to my next trip to practice up at 250, and maybe even dip my toe into the 500 yard pond.

As for the stock, looks like it is a keeper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like some good shooting. Congratulations on your sub .5 group. Those are the days that make shooting rewarding.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Nice shooting! Next time out, try shooting 5 shot groups. It will let you know a little more about your rifle and your shooting habits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts