Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had mounted a BSA Panther 6.5-20x44 on my rifle and decided to take it to the range to test it out (I also updated the paint job). I was shooting 168gr BTHP match Remington ultras and here are the results.
(All shots were taken from the prone with my rucksack as the rest)

I must say that I was extremely happy with how the scope functioned. All shots were from 100yds. I was shooting dimes but I couldn't find them so I shot five quarters (one shot-one quarter!) until I could finally find one of them! The quarters (and dimes) were set up randomly over a manquien that somebody had left at the range (I should have taken pics of it because they dressed it up as a Taliban fighter!
The weather was clear with the temp being 62 degrees with a slight 5mph wind out of the west. Needless to say I am happy with the results as this was my grouping for all of my shots. Oh yeah, here's the pic of my paint job on my rifle and my shotgun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To give you an idea of the size of the shot group I covered it with a dime. Man I love this gun!:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice shooting! Did you measure the group size? I bet that's under .5 MOA when you subract the diameter of the bullet (.308).

Did you make that target yourself? I've never seen one like that before, I assume the numbers are for each group you fire?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SemperFi said:
Nice shooting! Did you measure the group size? I bet that's under .5 MOA when you subract the diameter of the bullet (.308).

Did you make that target yourself? I've never seen one like that before, I assume the numbers are for each group you fire?
It is actually a target that I bought from work. It basically has a giant cross hairs coming down into finer ones. The numbers are the number of inches above 0. I set my scope at two inches high at a hundred. I need to find my tape measure because it is definately under .5 MOA.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice shooting mate. Well done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
jinxed247 said:
Thanks guys!
This was out of an SPS, not an SPS tactical? The reason I ask is I have one on order, and should be here next week... I thought the SPS was the Tactical...however I was mis informed...and found out there is an SPS...non tactical version...which is what I believe I have coming.
I would be very happy with performance like this out of the box. Nice range card.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think this was an SPS since the stock looks slightly different than the one on my SPS Tactical. If you got and SPS I'm sure they are really good too. I'm hearing that the Tacticals are getting hard to find also.

·
Registered
639 Posts
He has an SPS VARMINT, look at the stock, it has the vented forend. The standard SPS model has a 24" sporter barrel and a crap stock. Have a look on the Remington site and see what your one you have ordered looks like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts