Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington SPS tactical 223 and am looking for a good scope. I want something I know I can rely on I'm leaning towards a Leupold or Nikon because of the warranty. Even if I never have a problem if I'm going to spend $500 or more on a scope its nice to know you are backed up. I want something bigger than a 3x9 but don't want something extremely powerfull just a all around wide range of magnification if possible. I also don't need all the fancy target turrets and focusing knobs. I have trouble seening so I am looking for a scope with a really thick reticle and to be illuminated if possible. If anyone has ANY advice please let me know.
Right now I am partial to Leupold, but if there is any other brand just as good that has what I'm looking for that is just fine.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Redfield revolution 3x9, they are now made and warrantied by leupold. (lifetime tranferable warranty). Great glass, great eye relief, repeatable zero, and can be had for about $140

I originally purchased a nikon prostaff for my hunting rig but the light gathering on the redfield was 10x better

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have done some extensive research and calling and checking prices and re checking.
the local Nikon store had a promotion going on so I got a coupon and a friend had a coupon from a camera he bought.
I have been looking at the Monarch 6-24x50 figured i could get it for around $200 with the coupons if I buy it online.
Does anyone have any input if that particular configuration is good or should I go with the 5-20x44 or maybe the 4-16x50?
My thought process is I won't be doing much shooting at moving targets let alone running and, as long as I can afford it why go short on the high end magnification and bigger objective lense.
Like I said if anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts