Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about 2018 I was working at a Field & Stream and a customer brought this rifle in on a trade. At the time I wanted a .308 that would scratch the cool factor so I bought it and have loved it ever since. After looking at pictures online Ive noticed everyones AAC-SD has it marked on the barrel, however this is not the case with mine. Could anyone help me out in confirming if its an AAC-SD or not?
Wood Bumper Flooring Floor Air gun

Musical instrument Wheel Tire Blue Automotive tire

Automotive tire Light Hood Black Tire

Automotive tire Air gun Trigger Bumper Machine gun

·
Registered
436 Posts
It’s probably a sps ,the aac-sd has a 1-10 twist the others have 1-12 twist.that’s a good way to check it.

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
The AAC-SD had a 16” threaded barrel. It should have 1 in 10 twist marked on the barrel. I believe it should have a Hogue overmold stock.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My AAC-SD has a 20 inch threaded barrel.the receiver has AAC-SD stamped on the left side.The barrel has tactical rifling 1 in 10 stamped on the right side.

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
I found 2013 & 2016 reviews and the original AAC’s came out about 2012 w/ 20” barrels. The 2016 review did show AAC-SD on the receiver. Since AAC is a trademark of Advanced Armament if it’s not on the rifle it’s not an AAC.

Remington was known for special runs for Dick’s, Cabelas, and others so this might be the case with yours. You do have the same barrel and stock as the AAC-SD. The SPS Tactical uses the same stock in black or gray. It’s piller bedded and is very flexible in the fore end.

I wouldn’t give this much thought. I have a 223 Dick’s 700 ADL Varmint that now has a Choate Varmint stock, Timney trigger that shoots sub .4 MOA 5 shoot groups to 300yds. The 308 SPS Tactical with a Timney Trigger and B&C Light Tactical stocks is about .6 MOA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found 2013 & 2016 reviews and the original AAC’s came out about 2012 w/ 20” barrels. The 2016 review did show AAC-SD on the receiver. Since AAC is a trademark of Advanced Armament if it’s not on the rifle it’s not an AAC.

Remington was known for special runs for Dick’s, Cabelas, and others so this might be the case with yours. You do have the same barrel and stock as the AAC-SD. The SPS Tactical uses the same stock in black or gray. It’s piller bedded and is very flexible in the fore end.

I wouldn’t give this much thought. I have a 223 Dick’s 700 ADL Varmint that now has a Choate Varmint stock, Timney trigger that shoots sub .4 MOA 5 shoot groups to 300yds. The 308 SPS Tactical with a Timney Trigger and B&C Light Tactical stocks is about .6 MOA.
Awesome! Thank you. This may be the case with this rifle. Ive read on other forums that Remington was known to use barrels from different runs. IIRC I believe I saw a guy on YouTube have a 300 blackout AAC-SD that had a different twist rate than what was supposed to be in it, even though it was marked on the barrel AAC-SD

·
Registered
4 Posts
In about 2018 I was working at a Field & Stream and a customer brought this rifle in on a trade. At the time I wanted a .308 that would scratch the cool factor so I bought it and have loved it ever since. After looking at pictures online Ive noticed everyones AAC-SD has it marked on the barrel, however this is not the case with mine. Could anyone help me out in confirming if its an AAC-SD or not? View attachment 5718
View attachment 5715
View attachment 5716
View attachment 5717
Did you call Remington customer care and give them the Ser #? They will tell you the facts on your rifle. (800) 243-9700

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
As pointed out, very well may have been one of the Special Run programs that Remington did regularly from direct buyers like Dick's.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts