Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a millett trs-1 scope for my Remmy 700 and the rings that are on is do not fit on the stock base nor do they on the weaver base i purchased. So what base will i need to fit on these dam rings. The ring brand is GGG. The millett scope is 30mm from what i have found on the web. The problem i am having is when i attach the rings to either base its seems they are to big and will not let the rings clamp on right. The middle part to the rings that connects into the slot of the base it too wide to fit in the slot of the bases. Please help guys i cant take my remmy to the range until i get this problem fixed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Might want to look into a leapold MK4 base. Its a 1919 picatinny rail style base. I have one on mine and ditched the weaver bases. Could be the problem I'm not totally sure . Plus with the MK4 base I have is a 20MOA base that I'm really happy with. Best of luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to Optics Planet and bought an Evolution GunWorks 20 MOA rail for mine. Mounted my 30MM rings to it with no problem. Had a little fun finding one for a left-handed action.
Like OEF said, look for picatinny mount, not weaver.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The crossbolt slot on Weaver style bases is narrower than the slot on Piccy bases.

Weaver style ring fit Weaver bases and Piccy bases but Piccy rings only fit Piccy bases.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the mount in yesterday and it fits the rings. Now i gotta get the old two piece mount off. Another question on the eqw mount on the bottom of the mount there is a long piece and a short piece what side is recommended for the front and back? thanks guys for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts