Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just acuired this rem 700 and this is my first one. I do know it has a canjar trigger. The barrel appears to be a custom barrel but there is no name on it anywhere. there is a small DM on the right side and 22-250 on the other side. there is no manufacture for the stock either. I also dont know if it is a bdl or other varriant. any info whould be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
The rifle is an older 700 ADL probably from the early 1970's. The stock looks much like a Richards Microfit Custom Rollover style with Varmint forearm. I had one like it years ago and they still make it today. A couple of other companies made a similer stock so I could be wrong.

The Maple / Walnut laminate was very populer back in the 50s - 60s

http://rifle-stocks.com/rollover.htm

·
Registered
526 Posts
Around here it would probably go for around $500 - $600. The problem with a rifle like that is that who ever installed the new barrel didn't think enough of his work to put his name on it. That causes me to wonder what kind of action work was done in the process. A second problem is the caliber. How many rounds went down the pipe and under what conditions. If I were buying such a rifle, I would assume that it would need a new barrel with the associated action work. That Stock can be purchased new for around $200, Actions are worth about $375 - $400, the trigger is better than factory but not one that I would own.

If I was selling it, I'd ask $800 and work down from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info. I took it to the range yesterday and it shot it out to 300 yrds and it shot great.
by the time i sighted it in and dialed it in each shot touched the other one. I am not a long rannge expert
just like to shoot so i dont know all the termenology. again thaks to all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts