Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last years Prairie Dog Safari, my shooting buddy and I decided to have some custom 1000 yard rifles built. Mine is still at the gunsmiths but Mikes came in yesterday.

Mikes rifle is a trued 700 short action with a Lilja 3 groove 26 inch .243 Ackley Improved barrel, Rem 40X stock and Leupold 4-14 scope. We fire formed 50 rounds while doing the Lilja break in procedure and then loaded up some 107SMK bullets. The first load was pretty good but the second load with reloader 19 powder was great. The group is just under 1/2 inch at 200 yards. With this load He'll still have 1476 FPS velocity and need 26 3/4 minutes of elevation at 1000 yards. We'll be going to the 1000 yard range next week after we glass bed his stock and try some of the other bullets we have.

Now I can't wait for my gun to be finished.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Looks like it will be a good shooter for sure!

I'm always amazed by long range shooting. Do you have a 1000 yard range or shooting area close to where you live?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have really gotta get me some of those 40X stocks. The look awesome. Are the single shot or hinged floor plate or Blind Mag??

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SemperFi said:
Looks like it will be a good shooter for sure!

I'm always amazed by long range shooting. Do you have a 1000 yard range or shooting area close to where you live?
There is a Pipe line right of way just down the road with about 3000 yards of clear ground. We set up a portable target there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick said:
I have really gotta get me some of those 40X stocks. The look awesome. Are the single shot or hinged floor plate or Blind Mag??
I have one with a hinged floor plate and two single shot models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts