Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Currently own three 700s, 30-06, 300 RUM, and a 375H&H.

The 30-06 is an ADL I've had since the 90s, I'm looking to do some upgrades to make it more accurate. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Administrator
690 Posts
Welcome!

I assume you have a wood stock and sporter barrel. Most people upgrade the trigger both for performance and safety. The next item is to make sure the barrel is free floated and will bed the action. Beyond that you begin to look at barrel replacement.

You may want to read this thread about Remington triggers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome!

I assume you have a wood stock and sporter barrel. Most people upgrade the trigger both for performance and safety. The next item is to make sure the barrel is free floated and will bed the action. Beyond that you begin to look at barrel replacement.

You may want to read this thread about Remington triggers:

It's the black matte stock w/a blind magazine. I was looking at converting to a detachable magazine though. My understanding is I need a trigger guard/magwell, and BDL type stock?

Edit:. I was aware of their trigger/safety. I've always been conscience about when the safety is pushed off. Thank you for the info.

·
Administrator
690 Posts
That is the list. I'm not familiar with the availability of options for mags on the long action rifles. Good luck.

Reactions: Justinjs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone.

Currently own three 700s, 30-06, 300 RUM, and a 375H&H.

The 30-06 is an ADL I've had since the 90s, I'm looking to do some upgrades to make it more accurate. Any advice is appreciated.
mount it in an MDT XRS chassis, here's mine with a 783 action installed, but the 700 also drops right in, and the quality of the chassis is quite impressive. anything will perform better with this setup., and you can't beat the look, as well as the box mag upgrade.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Asphalt Bumper Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens Bumper Automotive design

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Air gun Bumper

Light Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun

Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Bicycle part Gadget

Automotive tire Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Bag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts