Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just ordered a SPS Tactical in .308 on friday from turner's but unfotunately i have to wait 10 days before i can pick it up. I was wondering what ammo all you guys have used and what shoots well for hunting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The best price and best shooting that you will do is with some 168 SMK Federal Gold Match ammo which most places now have for 20-25 bucks a box. This ammo should get you sub MOA groups really easy. As for hunting I know that 308isgreat on the forum here has shot some loads the last time we were out shooting. He shot some good groups from what I can remember, but I don't remember what he was using exactly just that they had 165gr bullet and rl-15 and h335 powder if memory serves me right.

Oh and welcome to the forum :) also post some pics when you get your equipment :)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the addiction :)

I like Winchester supreme ballistic silvertips in 168 grain.

On my 30-06 I use the same load but in 150 grain.
My savage 110 using the above load with a sportster barrel lands consistent 1 moa or better groups between 100-150 yards depending on how I'm feeling.

I've tried a few other rounds and have seen huge differences.
My suggestion is buy a box of the silvertips, federal match, etc and try them all. Even though the rifles are all produced the same from factory some rifles like some ammo better than others

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Most people don't like to try the 175 smk's but mine with the right loads really like them. I ran some federal GM factory rounds all the way to 200 yards and got a nice group of .761 MOA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts