Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I´d hope to get some help in choosing my new rifle by talking to some people who would know.

I´m looking for a rifle that I can relay on to do great on the range and in the woods.

The barrel must be in 24" and varmint if that is possible. I like the 700 system and may chose it, much becouse it has great revues and has ha good history. And there are plenty of parts to upgrade it with.

You may exuse my bad spelling thou I am from sweden I hope I get away with it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Get a 700 SPS Varmint in .308 then when you want do upgrades little by little. You will be in good hands with a 700. With my 700 SPS Tactical in .308 I last shot 200 yards and grouped in @ .762

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip!

Do you have any clue on how much it would spread @ about 1000 yards? If I just shoot with fabrikated match grade am.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Doylarn said:
Thanks for the tip!

Do you have any clue on how much it would spread @ about 1000 yards? If I just shoot with fabrikated match grade am.
That would really depend on your ability. Learning to judge wind becomes very important out that far. A stock rifle of any type would be iffy at that range.

If you were to buy an SPS Varmint in .308 it would provide you with a wonderful learning tool that you could use as a base for a future build.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
jerrschmitt said:
Doylarn said:
Thanks for the tip!

That would really depend on your ability. Learning to judge wind becomes very important out that far. A stock rifle of any type would be iffy at that range.

If you were to buy an SPS Varmint in .308 it would provide you with a wonderful learning tool that you could use as a base for a future build.

+1

Wind, Temp, Elevation, Bullet FPS, Humidity all come in play at 1000 and further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts