Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found this forum, just ordered my 3d 700 this one is to shoot long range with after using a borrowed rifle from work for a match I had forgot how much fun it was.

So, I ordered a SPS .308 varmint, and a Leupold VXIIIL 6.5-20 x56mm scope, I didn't order my rings yet, I am gonna use a 1 pc dual dovetail mount but I am not sure if I need the med or high rings? Anyone know?

I don't like the stock on the VS rifle my 300wsm wears a HS PSS stock that I counter weighted and it really helps with the recoil. So one I will need to locate another for the .308, if ya'll have a good source for them, feel free to share the info with me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you want a PSS stock, contact Mike R at TacOps and ask if he has any spares laying around. He usually does.

Look forward to pics mate. Also, I think you would be fine with Med rings though I would need to see to be certain. Buy some meds and if they dont fit, exchange them for highs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a PSS stock, contact Mike R at TacOps and ask if he has any spares laying around. He usually does.

who is this does he have a web site? I have seen several referances to him but no link or location.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe a bit late, but I'm running a mount that sits pretty low too. I believe that they are the Burris two piece tactical (or something like that). In any case, I'm running a Nightforce 5.5-22X50 and had to go with medium rings. With that setup, there's just barely enough room for a cover, if I use the sun shade to get to a portion of the barrel that is more tapered. Without the sunshade, the cover won't go on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, well I picked up my 700 varmint today, I have my scope also a leupold vx3L 6.5=20 x56 with aluminum flip up caps, side focus and target knobs. I ordered my rings and mount just waiting for them to ship, I ordered the leupold 1 pc tactical mount with mk 4 med steel rings, I am also waiting on my H-S PSS stock and Timney trigger still. This was my Xmas to self after squirreling money away all year.

I want a detachable mag for it but don't need it and if i do get it it will be next year

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Stock and trigger came in so now my new 700 is wearing a timney trigger and a HS stock, and Harris S bipod, its still neked though, till I get my rings and mount so I can put the scope on it.

I also now have an extra SA stock, and 2 X Mark triggers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts