Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Just found this forum, awesome!

I bought a Remington 700 SPS Tactical a couple months ago. Not the greatest of scope, but the BSA platinum 6x24x44 has been doing well on the rifle! I also installed a detachable magazine kit. This gun is a tack driver. Remington really hit a homerun with this rifle.

And my best group so far. The first two shots were cold bore, clean barrel. The remaining 3 from the 5 rnd magazine when right into the box I have outlined. This was FGMM at 100yrds, sighted in for 200.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice rifle and group, Scout! I too, bought the same rifle a couple of months ago, and boy do they really shoot! Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
nice rifle there :D

try some federal 150gr SP bullets they did real good in my SPS Tac.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes sir it's hard to beat the SPS Tac on production outta the box accuracy! I really love mine and it has become a labor of love.....well money too in making it even more accurate. If you ever replace the stock on that rifle for a better platform then you will really see what that rifle is capable of. These rifles are way more accurate then the shooter!....lol. Nice rifle and your off to a good start.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My tactical has shot so well with the standard stock that I haven't bothered to replace it!

Nice shooting and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great rig you have there, and nice shooting. I agree that Remington did a great job with the 700...and right out of the box accuracy. When I got mine, I heard that there were some flaws with the production 700's... bolt face was not properly squared...ect. I had mine taken to the gunsmith..before I shot it, had everything trued...and he said that it was so close from the factory, he almost did not bother with it.... Myth Busted... these guns are right in spec.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You get good ones and you get bad ones. I know mines a good one. LOL. she shoots awesom,e but its a tad more custom then your ones. I have a new trigger and stock and alike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey scout I have been researching mag conversion kits for a while and I was wondering which one you went with and what do you think of it so far. I've been reading that even alot of the "high end" ones can not fit right and rattle when empty. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts