Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to find this group after shooting Remington 700's for the past 40 years. I'm a fan of the 700 Classic rifles and my 7mm-08 edition has been an incredibly accurate and sweet shooting rifle. Only problem now is the cost of and even finding ammo for it. My now adult daughter permanently claimed the Remington R-15 I got for her in 2009, so I acquired a brand new 700 Classic in .223 last year. Absolutely beautiful rifle and sweet shooter.

Question for the group - I'd like to replace a Winchester Model 70 in .243 with a Model 700 in .243. Since the Classics were never chambered in .243, I'm shopping for a CDL. But just can't appreciate the look of that thick butt pad on the CDL's. Has anyone changed theirs out for a slimmer profile pad similar to the Classic rifles?
Wood Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with you on the CDL recoil pad, ugly pad for a fine rifle, add another pad. I've seen a few of the limited run Classic's sell lately in the special run calibers, average pricing $1600 for as NIB. A 1980's vintage 700 BDL 22" barrel in .243 just sold the other day on GB for $1135, mint rifle with 24 bids. Perry Firearms in Pa. usually has 700's on GI every month so keep an eye out for his listings or call Greg what you are looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts