Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Happy to have found this site, seems like wealth of good information!

After years of keeping my out for a LH 700, to late for some, sub par for others, I finally scored a 1979 700 BDL 30-06 LH for a great price from a fellow lefty.

It's got a to big gooey/sticky limbsaver that's gotta go and one spot missing some blueing but other than that it's nice IMO.

It is however missing the iron sights, the holes have the plugin screws but I would like to find a set of sights to put on it. I have read a little and seems like maybe the sights changed height or position over the years?

Does anyone know what sights # or years that would work on a (I guess vintage) 1979 BDL?

Thanks, RT

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Looks like the stock is right handed.
Yep, something doesn’t look right.

As for sights, you might try posting on this and other sites, but my best guess is to try and contact RemArms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can assure you it's a left handed rifle in a left handed stock. You ever see a cheek weld on that side of a righty rifle?
It probably looks doesn't look right to you because your righties :cool:

Maybe it's that discolored bottom of the non cheek weld side that makes it look weird IDK.

Is Remington still answering their phones?

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
You are correct. But it still looks weird! As for RemArms answering phones, I haven’t found a number. They do have a “Reach Us” contact form on their website. I currently have a question in to them concerning extractors.

Reactions: Southpaw

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Looks correct to me other than some interesting cross grain in the stock. I would give Numrich Gun Parts in Kingston, New York. They may be able to help you source sights.
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts