Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pick up my rifle in a week and i can't wait. i did a quick search and couldn't find anything. but i have the remington integral scope mounts (the regular one not the high ones) already but i do not have the rifle with me yet and still deciding on a scope. i purchased a barska 3-9x40 scope temporarily just to see how the fitment is and its already running close when i place it on the table.

My usual range has 100 yard lanes so i plan to learn using those, eventually i would love to take it out and step up the distance.

is anybody running these mounts on here? i would just like to know what scope sizes you guys are using that fit this setup.

any feedback would be great...thanks can't wait to shoot it :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my SPS, I have Badger medium height rings set on a Badger 20 degree base, mounting a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T with a Illum. MilDot reticule. All the above fits and so far { I have only used it out to a little over 100 yards } has performed very well. A week ago my best friends 12 year old was using it to turn 12oz. cans of soda into clouds of orange mist at about 160 yards with little effort. The grin on his face was ear to ear. I put the above and B&C Medalist stock on it. And everybody whose fired it comes away feeling like awesomely good shot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You shouldnt have any interference problems. I dont care for the integral mount/ring combo's and this year have gone to Leupold STD 2 piece mounts, medium height, and rings. I have mounted 40; 44 and even 50 mm lenses on std taper and mostly Varmint taper barrels and always have cleared the barrel.

Im preparing to go to a Zeiss 6.5-20 x 50 on a customized 700 Varmint rifle ( .260 Rem caliber) with the Leupold QD mounts...so I'll have to check hegt for that setup.

Good luck and enjoy by all means

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks...my learning philosophy was always get the simplest setup first, learn and then step up with the gear when you feel you need it. i'll stick it out with the remington integral mounts for now, and i would like to try out 4-12x40 or maybe a 4-12x42 if that exists. i think that will keep me busy for a while just trying to learn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
jonjonkills101 said:
thanks...my learning philosophy was always get the simplest setup first, learn and then step up with the gear when you feel you need it. i'll stick it out with the remington integral mounts for now, and i would like to try out 4-12x40 or maybe a 4-12x42 if that exists. i think that will keep me busy for a while just trying to learn.

All different sorts of flavors and $$$ tags.... :D Ive got a 4-12 X 40 Redfield here and also a 4.5-16X42 Zeiss. You name it and someone most probably makes it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the insight...i have A LOT to learn, but im looking foward to it. later on this week im going to a bunch of stores and basically plan on playing with some scopes and seeing which one i personally like. i'd rather buy a scope from local stores just to avoid shipping if i have to return it or anything. (too much downtime)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well you buy the scope at first............ then you play with it and learn how it works :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Well you buy the scope at first............ then you play with it and learn how it works :D
haha i meant just seeing what was available to me and at least being able to look through them. i probably won't get much out of it because im not actually shooting but i would at least get a preview of what kind of clarity etc i guess.

but ahh one day of browsing this forum and im already having a change of heart.

i was set on using the factory remington integral mounts for now but after browsing and researching more i am now leaning towards picatanny rail with some rings.

i figured im starting off with a 40mm scope and eventually want to get a higher end 50mm which will probably require higher rings. it would be much simpler to just switch rings instead of buying the mount and rings later and not knowing what to do with the integral mounts after.

it didn't help that from hours of searching i could not find a single person running those mounts
i hope i can return it to cheaper than dirt lol

edit* thinking about getting the weaver extended rail w/ 20moa (basically because of price)
and some leupold 1'' medium rings
i can get both shipped for about 55 dollars

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just ordered

weaver extended rail 20 moa
w/ low and medium rings
and a bushnell 6-24x-40 banner mil dot

for about 180 shipped. considering the scope costs in the 150 range i think i got an awesome deal. should come in about the same time i pick up my rifle... can't wait :) i think this setup will last me longer than if i stayed with the remington integral mounts and barska scope

1 - 10 of 10 Posts