Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa (AKA my Wife) came early this year. I got a Remington 700 SS 5R Milspec in .308. I will use it for an occasional hunting trip for elk and deer and some pesky varmits, but mostly at targets. I want to try out the NRA F-Class competitions this summer. I don't want to break the bank on a scope, rings, and base, but want to have a decent setup for what I want to use it for. I may even use it to try out for a dedicated sniper for my job as a deputy sheriff. What do you all think or suggest? Must have a mildot reticle for distance. Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
gonna need a price range there. if the sky is the limit, look at US Optics, Schmidt and Bender or Nightforce

·
Registered
409 Posts
Maybe a Super Sniper would be good for around $300-$350 and spend the rest on good rings and a mount. Or maybe wait and save up some more money for something a little better. That's an awesome wife you have there. A rifle like that deserves a good scope.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Also maybe look at the Vortex Viper PST series of scopes. They may run you a little higher ($550-$650 just for the scope) but they've gotten good reviews for the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paladin. The PST is closer to $900 from SWFA, but the normal Viper is about $500. I think I may order that one at 6.5-24X50mm. Think I may save up for the BO rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts