Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now I have to wait 10 days to get the Newly acquired Remington 700 Sendero II in 300 Win Mag out of jail :D cant wait. I got a TPS 20 MOA steel base for it. I have read good things about these bases. Scope I will try to save some cash for a NF 5.5-22x50 ............... until then I have a Vortex I will test hehehehe should break after a few shots but will give it a try to see what happens.

Will post pics as soon as I get the rifle. Here is a stock pic of it from Remington website.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock that I'm lookin at is that HS precision M24 stock :) So I guess it will look a little like the MK 24 rifle :) Can't wait to shoot some super long range this summer. As for the MK248 Mod1 I think I will give the 220 SMK a try ;). I was readin that these rounds push out to 2850 fps O_O wow is what I said. And effective range is 1500. From what I read online at snipershide there is a guy I'm sure you know him JF that's shoots a lot of 300 win mag (I think his user name is jrob) and out to 2285 yards is what he shot or his friend (MontanaShooter I think) and had some really good results.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, CA has that 10 waiting thing! So you dont make a rash purchase and upset the wifey eh, CA always looking out for you....LOL!

Congrats on the new rifle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man I'm new to this site, but I have that rifle in a 7mm Rem and the factory stock isn't bad at all. If you don't mind a palm swell that is. It's an H S Precision with the aluminum bedding block in it. I'd probably save the money for the Nightforce. YMMV

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this will be after the NF scope :) I know how the stock is cause I have one on my .308. I love that palm swell. One thing I want is the adjustable cheek piece. The stock that's on that Sendero can sell for about 225 on the hide so that puts me to only putting another 225 for the new stock :D

thanks for the input. can't wait to use mine and see how it does!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats the plan JF :D I will check out some comp dies and some bullets then poweder then cases and primers crap these lists can go on and on :p

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I should Have some pics up for you guys tomorrow afternoon PST :D My FFL just gave me a call today that the new family member is in :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Damn Aron I just wet myself! Shes a beauty! Got your texts lastnight, but I turned off the cell early yesterday. We have to schedule a day at the range....I may be going this coming Sunday, but I'm off all next week and maybe I could meet you at Lincoln. Let me know. Sweet rifle man!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well believe it or not THAT DAM SCOPE held up for 20 rounds I will keep at it until I have enough to get a NF ! :) Maybe sooner than I know it :) The rifle is a tack driver at it is.

As for the stock yes it has the palm swell i really like it. I can get some more detailed pics if you want.

·
Registered
639 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!! God. I need to go abck to mining and start building high end rifles again!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts