Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and 700s. I have been in the market for a 270 bolt action rifle for a while. As I am a left hand shooter it has made the search more limited, by a lot. I did find some options but all either had synthetic or the new wood that looks like fake wood flooring from Home Depot. OK fine but for me it is hard to spent 6-8 hun on a gun that I don't like the look of.
So today I took an 80 mi trip to the closest Cabela's to see what was. In the gun locker hidden amongst all the RH BAs was a beautiful 700LH. High gloss walnut stock, full iron sights Monty Carlo stock with LH cheek pad and looking like new. OK end of quest!

OK so my question is about this gems origin. On the receiver is Remington 700 LH (left hand) and also on the receiver is a SN E6618XXX both on the right side of the receiver. Nothing on the recoil lug or barrel.

Thanks for any info
Bob

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, without seeing that same rifle, I would say that it's been re-barreled. Hard to say really. But Cabelas usually does due diligence when taking in trades. I'm not saying all their employees are perfect, but usually they do a good job. So what I would do is talk to them, a manager in the gun dept. would be best. Ask about that rifle and if the factory markings are missing because the bun has had the barrel replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are probably right BOBK4T. However I went to the range today and it shoots as good as it looks so I'm no longer going to ask where it's been or what it's done in the past .
Thanks for the info,
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts