Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Timney trigger setup ordered can't wait till it get home :D I got to mess with 308isgreat's Timney trigger and wow super nice so now I will get one soon here :) two thumbs up :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks the reason I went with a Timney is because of price :) I got it shipped and adjusted to 2 pounds for 132 and some change from Timney's website.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gotta say I love the new toy :D the best thing I ever got for my rifle!
Super crisp and at 2 pounds you can't beat it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the triggers right from TIMNEY MANUFACTURING INC. ! 602-674-2999 they were very helpful! they actually did a follow up on the triggers ckn to make sure everything was workn! they were $124.95 1 yr ago.:)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had a timney drop in trigger on one of my old AR-15's (I've since sold) and it was a very nice trigger for a drop in unit!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I put a Timney trigger in a CZ 452 .22Mag wood stock. I had to do alot of filing to get it to fit, but it was worth it. Very nice trigger.

·
Registered
403 Posts
JFComfort said:
Jewell is the way to go. I run a HVR and its the best I've used so far.
Jewell is awesome, but Timney at its price point is a great price for a very good trigger. If I was building a precision rifle then Jewell would come into play.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Jewell, huh. I haven't been at this (the more precision, longer range stuff) too long, but the Xmark trigger I have right now hasn't been too bad - have it set at about 3 lbs. I keep hearing how the xmark is crap, so I wouldn't mind looking at something else. I'll be looking at new optics and stock first, then probably the trigger, so I don't have a massive rush, but for an operational trigger (probably hovering between 3-5 lbs for LE purposes - not ounces or anything like that) I wouldn't mind something really crisp and that's not too light, but not factory crap either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered a Timney 510 last week and per the tracking number will be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will install smoothly with little to no modifications. I'm far from a smith and already a bit concerned all will go well. I have the HS stock on my Remy 700 PSS and from I have read on previous threads, no one has had difficulty due to the minor difference in size vs the stock trigger. Anyhow hopefully all goes well. I installed a Timney trigger on my Colt AR15 and that was quite simple so hoping the same holds true. This is my first post but have been behind the scenes reading the mail and enjoy this forum and the group which is active on it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
glad you chimed in :) And welcome to the site.

Mine was super easy to install. Then again I'm pretty handy with techy stuff. You shouldn't have an issue. The only thing that you mentioned is the stock being tight but a little file to the stock should solve the issue.

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you would like, make sure to put a product review in the "product review" section of the forums. I'm curious to know how you like it as well. I currently have the xmark in my SPS Tactical... crisp trigger but a little on the heavy side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just installed a timney in my xcr tactical long range, and i love it. Very simple to install with a punch and hammer just follow instructions. Mine is set at 1lb 10oz and is very consistent. My rifle had a 40x in it from the factory, it's a good trigger but not consistent. Would check it with my lyman gauge, and one time would be 2lb 4oz and next time might be 2lb 12oz, it would vary up and down, but stay in the 2lb range, but the timney is 1lb 10oz every time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts