Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, 700 platform, and lots of other things. I pick up my 700 sps tactical .223 on monday and I'm stoked. - have the egw base with 15moa, burris 8(3 rings, and for now a barska ridgeline scope until I can save up for something better. Tkinda hard on a pastors salary). First what type of scope and power to you recommend for about 400 and what factory loads are you guys finding that work well. I don't reload yet. I am looking to use the gun for paper, varmint, and predator hunting. I look forward to hearing your thoughts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Type of scope would depend on what your planning on spending when your ready to buy one. Next the power I would recommend is sometime around 4-14 (3.5-15-,4-16, 4.5-14)area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
don't think you need more than a 14X out to 400 yd. i have a simple 3-9x40 Nikon Buckmaster with Nikoplex reticle on my Savage 11FCNS in 22-250 for predator hunting and can easily hit metal targets at my range out to 546 yds. more magnification than what i have wouldn't hurt though.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I can see a 3" circle red dot at about 530-50 yards with no problems at all. Mine is a 4.4-14. I was also checking out some 1000 yard targets the could spot them no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts