Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I jumped in and got a SPS-Tact in .308 put on layaway! Enjoyed shooting my AR at 50yds (haven't shot it in a year) and kinds got into a obsession of trying to get smaller groups. So I decided to get a bolt gun. I already picked out at scope a millet 4-16x50 TPS. It's gonna be a range queen mostly, can't wait to shoot it and make some reloads :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jasonbourne said:
Welcome to the addiction! If it were me I'd make some loads so when you get your rifle, your ready to rock!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm probably gonna shoot some factory loads first, still have to buy the dies for .308 lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome! You have really found your new home. There are guys on here that have been doing the .308 game for a while and have tons of reload data for you so you won't have to start at ground zero.

The saving grace for you is factory loads are the best they've ever been so until you get your reload station setup you can shoot some pretty tight groups. When you get your rifle out of "jail". haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been reading ALOT from the home page concerning factory ammo, specific brass, powder, primer and bullet weights. There is alot to take in!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Vash_241987 said:
Been reading ALOT from the home page concerning factory ammo, specific brass, powder, primer and bullet weights. There is alot to take in!
True-Dat!
But...there are a ton of folks here with plenty of knowledge (and way too many toys....I'm lookin' at you BOBK4T!) ;-)

Seriously though, tons of info here...still scratching the surface myself.

·
Registered
277 Posts
gdvan01 said:
Vash_241987 said:
True-Dat!
But...there are a ton of folks here with plenty of knowledge (and way too many toys....I'm lookin' at you BOBK4T!) ;-)

Seriously though, tons of info here...still scratching the surface myself.

hahahaha, yeah, I loves me some toys!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts