Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just got a Remington 700 in a 22-250 caliber and i have no clue the sub model the scope mounts started to change from stainless steel to more of a gold so i decided to replace but I’m not able to find matching scope mounts. I will attach some photos of the gun. I know that is does not have the original stock on it.
Office supplies Wood Pen Writing implement Tints and shades

Automotive tire Aircraft Gas Bumper Tints and shades

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Line Floor

Tin Nickel Gas Bicycle part Tool

Automotive tire Bicycle part Carbon Gas Rim

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't recognize the manufacture of the mounts but they are good bases and rings. They could be cast and stainless coating. If you want the bases and rings to match try Leupold.
I tried to match leupold but the screws were too large I’m also curious just the sub model of my gun. My buddy that works at a gun shop
Says he’s never seen a 700 with such small screws

· Administrator
726 Posts
Model appears to be 700 VS SF, Varmint, synthetic, stainless, fluted. Date code appears to be RP or RF, Nov 1995 or Nov 2011. Short of knowing the S serial number range I don't know how to run this down. The 1995 version would have had a Walker trigger which had ridges on the face. The 2011 would have had the XMarkPro adjustable with flat face but an adjustment screw. Also could have been replaced. The marks adjacent to the month/year code lead me to believe its a 1995 with an aftermarket trigger.

THe sites below may help:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Th
Model appears to be 700 VS SF, Varmint, synthetic, stainless, fluted. Date code appears to be RP or RF, Nov 1995 or Nov 2011. Short of knowing the S serial number range I don't know how to run this down. The 1995 version would have had a Walker trigger which had ridges on the face. The 2011 would have had the XMarkPro adjustable with flat face but an adjustment screw. Also could have been replaced. The marks adjacent to the month/year code lead me to believe its a 1995 with an aftermarket trigger.

THe sites below may help:

[/QUOTE
Thank you you’re correct it is RP but i do believe the trigger is aftermarket. I love the gun never knew that the Remington 700 had so many different sub models. Thank you again

· Administrator
726 Posts
I found what we believe is a 1999/2000 vintage stainless with a S645XXXX S/N which makes this one probably 1995.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts